Cracked wheat is a whole grain packed with the protein and fiber that make it a great breakfast cereal. Our recipe for Apple-Raisin Cracked Wheat cereal is seriously healthy, but will taste like you’re starting the day with dessert!
¼ cup Lehi Roller Mills Cracked Wheat
¾ Cup Water
A pinch of salt
¼ cup of diced apples
¼ cup raisins OR dried cranberries
¼ tsp. cinnamon
• Bring ¾ c water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Quickly stir in ¼ cup Lehi Roller Mills cracked wheat , then take your heat down to a simmer.
• While your cracked wheat is simmering for 15-20 minutes, chop your apple
• Don’t forget to stir your cracked wheat every once in a while!
• After 15-20 minutes, remove your cereal from the heat
• Add apples, raisins (or dried cranberries, it’s up to you!) and cinnamon, gently stirring them into your cereal.
• Cover the mixture and let it sit for 5 minutes to allow the apples to soften and let the flavors come together
• Serve and enjoy!
Tip: The added fruit will naturally sweeten you cereal, but sometimes it doesn’t hurt to add a little bit of brown sugar or honey!