We love this bread because it relies on our Whole Wheat Flour to make it heart healthy, as well as the natural sugars in the apples and applesauce to make it sweet and moist.
1 large peeled, grated apple
½ tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cup Lehi Roller Mills Whole Wheat Flour
½ cup coconut sugar, brown sugar, or other preferred sweetener
1 ¼ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
pinch of allspice
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
2 tbsp. coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla
• Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil or cooking spray
• Do something odd: combine your grated apple (have you ever grated an apple before this recipe?), cinnamon, honey, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set it aside—you’ll use this magic concoction later.
• Take your dry ingredients and mix them in one bowl, then take all your wet ingredients and combine them in their own bowl.
• Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and gently mix! Gently. Don’t get too excited.
• Fold in your apple mixture. Again, gently.
• Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes
1)Walnuts are an amazing natural resource for heart healthy omega-3s and l-arginine. Take this heart healthy bread to the next level by adding ¼ cup chopped and toasted walnuts!
2)This recipe isn’t totally free of added sugar. BUT, feel free to substitute brown sugar for coconut sugar, agave nectar, or another favorite sugar substitute.