Share this traditional Irish treat with friends and family on St. Patrick’s Day! This recipe will make any kitchen seem cozy, and will have you imagining emerald green hills outside your window!
• 4 tbsp. butter, softened
• 1 c sugar
• 1 egg, room temperature and beaten
• 4 granny smith apples, cored peeled and diced
• ¼ cup chopped walnuts
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• ½ tsp. baking powder
• ½ tsp. baking soda
• ½ tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. cinnamon
• ½ tsp. nutmeg
• 1 cup Lehi Roller Mills baking flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease an 8-inch square cake pan with cooking spray or butter
3. Cream your butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy
4. Thoroughly stir in egg, nuts, vanilla, and diced apples
5. Combine all your dry ingredients and sift into the wet mixture for a smooth batter
6. Pour into greased pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean!
7. When done, remove cake from the oven and allow to cool before serving
8. If desired, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the top of the cake while still warm
-Served best with coffee, ice cream, whipped cream, Irish cream, loud friends, sitting by a fire, and W.B. Yeats
-Tastes best when wearing green, or your favorite kilt.
Like this recipe? Take a look at our blog for more delicious kitchen creations!